Where do sea fans come from?
Sea Fans are like a soft coral found in the shallow waters of of the western Atlantic, including Florida, Bermuda, and the West Indies. A few species of the same can be found in Indo-Pacific.They anchor themselves on the depths of the ocean floor to mud or sand, as opposed to other coral that Is attached to hard substrates or coral reefs.
Do I need to feed my sea fan?
This SunGrow sea fan has been dried and does not require feeding. Other species of gorgonians/ sea fans do require feeding with various sea foods such as shrimps, clams, squid etc. Simply place this sea fan into your aquarium to enhance the décor and create an amazing Aquascape.
Is this safe for my aquarium/terrarium?
The branches of this dramatic piece of coral have been coated especially for aquarium/terrarium use. This will ensure that the coral will not affect the PH levels of the water in your tank. When you get it, give it a rinse once and place it in the tank.
How do I attach this to my substrate?
The base of this sea willow is brown in color, and is usually attached to a small piece of rock, which you can place on the floor of your tank. You can also bury the base into the sandy substrate of your aquarium.
Will the sea fan decay or become coated in algae?
You can submerge this sea fan into your tank and it will not rot or decay in any way. The coral is no longer growing and therefore moving currents will not affect this sea fan in any way. This species of sea does not contain any algae, it has been cleaned and ready to decorate your aquarium.
- ✔ NATURAL AQUARIUM SEA FAN — The beautiful sea fans are like soft coral. They anchor themselves on the depths of the ocean floor to mud or sand, as opposed to other coral that Is attached to hard substrates or coral reefs. The SunGrow Sea Fan has not been altered in any way from its natural appearance. Size is approx. 6″ by 6″, ideal for any nano or small fish tank. Enhances the appeal of your aquarium with these exciting decorations.
- ✔ WILL NOT DECAY IN WATER — You can fully submerge this sea fan into water without worrying. It will NOT rot or decay in your aquarium. Having found its origins in deep oceanic water, the sea fan will not get harmed by water in your fish tank. It is great for decorating the aquarium without the need for maintenance.
- ✔ STUNNING DÉCOR FOR AQUARIUM — Underwater treasures brings wonderful line of aquarium ornaments to compliment your custom aquatic environment. Make a statement in your aquarium with this natural coral sea fan. It is a dramatic piece and will create the look of a natural sea bed. Because of its Willow-like appearance, it’s also called Sea Willow.
- ✔ MULTIPLE USES — You can use this unique SunGrow sea fan to decorate terrariums, fairy aquariums or even place on a bookshelf or mantle piece. Let your creative juice flow and create a stunning wall decor with this utterly gorgeous sea fan. The choice is yours!
- ✔ VERY HARD AND STRONG— Although it may look delicate, the branches of this coral sea fan are very tough and strong. You will find it difficult to snap or break this sea fan. It is safe for use in both freshwater and saltwater aquariums.