How does Moss Cotton Thread work? Moss Cotton string is a unique, all-natural thread that is used to tie down floating plants such as java fern, willow moss, duckweed, hornwort and more. These types of aquatic plants are very lightweight and will float around the surface of your tank, if allowed. This special string is ideal for attaching plants to rocks, coconut husk huts and pieces of driftwood. After the plants have taken root to the surface, the biodegradable moss cotton thread dissolves gradually, leaving no trace.
Can I use this plant string in any tank? Yes, the SunGrow Moss Cotton is eco-friendly and safe for all types of plants and pets. The quiet dark green color of the plant string is designed to be so similar in color to its natural counterparts that it remains inconspicuous and doesn’t take away the sheen from your amazing underwater habitat. The discreet thread can be used in shrimp and betta fish tanks, freshwater community aquariums filled with guppies, mollies and tetras or an all-plant water terrarium.
Are there any other uses for this special cotton thread? Since the thread is made of Cotton, it is safe for all plants. It can be used in other home gardening and do-it-yourself activities. The 65 feet (20 meter) length of Cotton thread can easily be cut into smaller lengths for various projects. The plant string works great attaching vines and flowers to trellises for one-of-a-kind outdoor decor. Many festivities involve helium-inflated balloons; attaching balloons to these biodegradable strings has no negative effect on nature if they float away.
- ✔ SECURELY ATTACHES FLOATING PLANTS TO DRIFTWOOD — Many species of moss, ferns and other lightweight aquatic plants are considered floating plants and need to be anchored down to prevent them from floating away. SunGrow Moss Cotton string securely ties plants to driftwood and rocks in your tank or aquarium. At a length of 65 feet (20 meters), the green thread can be cut into smaller pieces to suit your specific needs.
- ✔ NATURALLY DISSOLVES LEAVING NO RESIDUE — After tying your moss securely to a rock or piece of driftwood and dropping it to the bottom of your tank, it will (over time) completely dissolve leaving no trace that it was ever there. By the time the Moss Cotton disintegrates, the plant is completely anchored down and won’t float away.
- ✔ DARK GREEN COLOR BLENDS INTO ITS ENVIRONMENT — In a rich, mossy green color, the inconspicuous cotton plant string from SunGrow blends in flawlessly with your beautiful underwater habitat. The hue matches living moss and plants allowing you to recreate a realistic environment as close as possible to Mother Nature.
- ✔ SAFE FOR BOTH AQUATIC PLANTS & PETS — Made with 100% all natural, biodegradable cotton thread, the SunGrow Cotton string for moss is absolutely safe for all types of aquatic pets and plants. Commonly used to tie down Willow Moss, Java Moss, duckweed and more, the innovative plant string can be placed in shrimp tanks, community fish aquariums and water terrariums.
- ✔ A VARIETY OF OTHER CREATIVE USES — Along with filling your aquarium or water plant tank with incredible greenery, there are a few other ways to creatively use this all-natural cotton thread such as securing young vines to trellis to a unique, artistic pattern. It can also be used as a string to hold helium-filled, environmentally-friendly balloons; because it is biodegradable it will have minimal impact on nature.