Driftwood is an essential component for decorating a naturalistic aquarium. While many retailers sell artificial pieces of simulated driftwood, our pieces are REAL Spider Wood! We are pleased to be able to offer pieces of all sizes to fit the smallest to largest aquariums. Spider Driftwood is an excellent choice for aquascaping. This driftwood is known for its tiny, twisted branches, and the piece as a whole resembles a mangrove tree. These numerous branches are ideal for providing cover for smaller species of aquatic animals (such as dwarf shrimp and tiny fish). So not only is Spider Wood practical, it is also guaranteed to improve the appearance of any aquarium. In addition to providing dramatic, natural scenery in the aquarium, driftwood plays in an important role in the well-being of any aquarium. It provides shelter for aquarium animals and it can serve as an anchor for plants such as Java Fern, Anubias, and Java Moss or other mosses. Each Spider Wood driftwood piece is unique and will make an attractive addition to any freshwater aquarium! All of our aquarium driftwoods and rocks are treated for aquarium use after simple rinsing. Some driftwoods can initially release tannins in the water, although Spider Wood is among the least likely to do this. Tannins are not necessarily harmful to aquarium plants and animals, but they will lower the pH of aquarium water. To reduce the release of tannins, simply boil the driftwood for a few minutes. If desired, driftwood can be boiled repeatedly until the boiling water does not tan at all in order to completely remove tannins before aquarium use. Otherwise, this driftwood will stop releasing tannins over time with regular aquarium water changes and maintenance. It may float initially when placed in the aquarium, but it will sink within a few days once it becomes soaked with water, or it will soak immediately when attached to a relatively heavy rock.
- Spider wood is known for its intriguing shape and wild looking branches that resemble spider legs
- You will receive a piece similar to these images which display various shapes this wood can take
- This driftwood is 100 percent real and a great way to add natural beauty to any freshwater aquarium
- Provides shelter for aquarium animals, making them feel safer and more comfortable in your aquarium
- Ready for aquarium use after a simple rinsing; an optional boiling may help it sink more quickly