Our regular 6″ pieces have diameters ranging 3/4″ – 1 1/4″ approximately. Our 3″ pieces have diameters ranging 3/4″ – 1 3/4″. Our X-large 6″ pieces have diameters ranging from 1 1 3/8 – 1 3/4″. This cholla was collected from Southern Nevada in a natural (no chemicals used in the area, etc) area. It has not been treated in any way. We do dust off loose dirt/debris and cut off sections that are too brittle. No thorns!! Cholla is great for a variety of things–reptiles, hermit crabs, chinchillas, rabbits, aquariums, pleco, shrimp, birds, crafts, air plants…the list goes on! Just know that when you buy from me–I would never send you anything that I would not personally use in my own hermit crab setup that houses over 50 (yes, 50!) crabs. **Since cholla comes from the great outdoors, each piece will be unique–so various coloring, knots, curves, etc. should be expected. The majority of pieces are not perfectly straight, nor completely hollow for the entire length.** To prepare the wood before placing in an aquarium or pet habitat, boil it or soak it in hot water for a day to remove any native soils that may be present, reduce excess tannins and to make the wood sink.
- All pieces uniformly cut to 6″. Two lengths, 7 different quantites, regular and extra large diameters.
- All natural, organic free form cholla wood. ALL ANIMAL SAFE!
- Seller collected–there is no middle man!
- Ready for tank use out of the box or can be boiled to remove excess tannins
- Lowers and buffers pH naturally