Cholla Wood is a fantastic and natural way to lower and buffer pH. This is the only kind of driftwood used by Aquatic Arts for all of our low-pH tanks, including some of our dwarf shrimp tanks. The pieces of driftwood add a natural beauty to any aquarium in which they are placed, and dwarf shrimp particularly love to graze for biofilm on the surfaces of the wood.
The wood has already been cleaned and cured, and is ready for aquarium use with no preparation. If you want to avoid excess tannins in the water, you can also boil it before use. The wood pieces may take up to one to two days to sink to the bottom of your tank.
- This Cholla Wood is ready for aquarium use out of the box, though you may want to boil the wood first to remove excess tannins.
- Lowers and buffers pH – perfect for lowering pH gently and naturally.
- Produces ideal water conditions for acidic-loving animals. Great for planting plant buds and anchoring moss!
- All InvertObsessionTM brand items (sold by Aquatic ArtsTM) come with a 100% live arrival guarantee, plus free email support directly from the owners!
- This order includes 1 branched piece of driftwood that is at least 5 inches in length.